If you started a tenancy before 1st June 2019, the following Tenant Fees will apply until 31st May 2020:
- Change of Tenant Fee: £300 (plus £100 per guarantor if required)
- Tenancy Renewal Fee: £300
- Check-Out Fee: £180 (2 bedrooms or less), or £240 (3 bedrooms or more)
From 1st June 2020, or if you started a tenancy on or after 1st June 2019, the following Tenant Fees will apply:
- Application to add or remove tenants from the tenancy agreement by virtue of a Deed of Assignment where no additional referencing is to be conducted: £60 (including VAT)
- Application that also involves the referencing of additional incoming tenants will be subject to a further charge of £30 (including VAT) per tenant or guarantor that is to be referenced
- Application for the early termination of a tenancy: £60 (including VAT). Furthermore, a compensatory payment to the landlord equal to the loss suffered as a result of the early termination of the tenancy will apply, which will be based on the pro-rata costs incurred by the landlord in respect of initial letting of the property
- Reimbursement of the costs reasonably incurred by the landlord or agent in relation to the loss of a key to, or other security device giving access to, the housing to which the tenancy relates.
- Where rent remains outstanding 14 days after becoming due, a default fee is payable, calculated by applying, in relation to each day after the due date for which the rent remains unpaid, an annual percentage rate of 3% above the Bank of England base rate to the amount of rent that remains unpaid at the end of that day.
- Any overpayment of rent or payment made in error to Beresford Residential that is received by the 15th of the month will be reconciled and refunded at the end of the calendar month, with payments received after the 15th being reconciled and refunded at the end of the following calendar month. If you wish to request an expedited refund (actioned within 3 working days), this optional service will incur a fee of £12.
Redress Scheme & Client Money Protection
- Beresford Residential Limited are member of ‘The Property Ombudsman’ – www.tpos.co.uk
- Beresford Residential Limited are covered by the NFOPP Client Money Protection Scheme: http://www.nfopp-regulation.co.uk/how-we-regulate/company-obligations/client-money-protection.aspx