With dozens of agents on the high street to choose from, where do you start when it comes to appointing an agent to sell your property? Get it right and you’re guaranteed to stand the best chance of a top sale price – get it wrong and you could waste months or, worse still, have to settle for selling your property at a lower price than you might have achieved elsewhere. To help you navigate the minefield that is instructing an estate agent, we’ve put together a list of the most important questions to ask the agents that are competing for your business:
1) Are you a member of a regulatory organisation such as the NAEA?
2) Will I be tied into a lengthy sole-agency contract?
3) Will my property be advertised on both Rightmove and Zoopla?
4) Do you offer professional photography and floorplans?
5) Do you use social media to promote the properties that you are selling?
6) How many sales staff will be working on my property?
7) How many active buyers does your office have on its database?
8) How many similar properties have you sold in the last few months?
9) What are your branch opening hours and do you offer weekend viewings?
10) Will there be a senior member of staff progressing the sale after an offer has been accepted?
If you think you could benefit from any of these services we would be happy to hear from you. Our Brixton office primarily serves the SW2, SW9, SW4 and SW11 postcode areas, our Streatham office deals with property in SW16, SW17, SE27, CR4 and CR7, and our Camberwell office handles property in SE5, SE24, SE15, SE17 and SE21. Click here for full contact details of your local branch.
Brixton Estate Agents: 91 Acre Lane, SW2 5TU / 02073267450 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Streatham Estate Agents: 73 Mitcham Lane, SW16 6LY / 02086967900 / email@example.com
Camberwell Estate Agents: 8 Camberwell Green, SE5 7AF / 02073587979 / firstname.lastname@example.org
West Norwood Estate Agents: 471-473 Norwood Road SE27 9DJ / 02086559000 / email@example.com
Registered Office Address: Beresford Residential Limited, The Old Vicarage, Ston Easton, BA3 4DN. Registered Number 7052432 England and Wales. VAT Number 982 6174 88