After buying a new rental investment property, the next job is to find tenants! Letting agents come in all shapes and sizes, but sorting the wheat from the chaff might be a harder task than you’d think. We’ve put together a list of the most important questions to ask a prospective agent before instructing them to find tenants for you:
1) Are you a member of a regulatory organisation such as ARLA or NALS?
2) Are you a member of the SAFEagent scheme, an organisation whose members all hold client money protection insurance?
3) Will my property be advertised on both Rightmove and Zoopla?
4) Do you use an independent referencing agency to assess all potential tenants and can I see the final reference reports before committing to a tenancy?
5) Do you take a holding deposit from interested tenants when they make an offer, so that I can be sure that they are serious about renting my property?
6) How many lettings staff will be working on my property?
7) How many active tenants does your office have on its database?
8) How many similar properties have you let in the last few months?
9) On average how long would you expect it to take before you achieve an offer from tenants?
10) What are your branch opening hours?
If you think you could benefit from any of these services we would be happy to hear from you. Our Brixton office primarily serves the SW2, SW9, SW4 and SW11 postcode areas, our Streatham office deals with property in SW16, SW17, SE27, CR4 and CR7, and our Camberwell office handles property in SE5, SE24, SE15, SE17 and SE21. Click here for full contact details of your local branch.
Brixton Estate Agents: 91 Acre Lane, SW2 5TU / 02073267450 / email@example.com
Streatham Estate Agents: 73 Mitcham Lane, SW16 6LY / 02086967900 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Camberwell Estate Agents: 8 Camberwell Green, SE5 7AF / 02073587979 / email@example.com
West Norwood Estate Agents: 471-473 Norwood Road SE27 9DJ / 02086559000 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Office Address: Beresford Residential Limited, The Old Vicarage, Ston Easton, BA3 4DN. Registered Number 7052432 England and Wales. VAT Number 982 6174 88